The Turquoise Penguin

Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Memory // A Bushel and A Peck

Do you have a saying that makes you feel deep down to the bone loved?

One that sends you back to a memory that you have stored in your brain that you pull out only for special occasions.

I do.

My mamaw used to sing this to me at night, during the day or just flat out tell me that she loves me a bushel and a peck. If you asked me to sing the rest of the song - I couldn't. But the words, "I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" are tattooed on my brain. I can feel the love as I type.

So, why don't you tell your Valentine, loved one, best friend or stranger, "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck." I guarantee you'll get a smile back. And in the end, a genuine smile can be the best "change" the giver can receive.




No comments:

Post a Comment