The Turquoise Penguin

Friday, September 21, 2012

Growing Up

There are so many people that are growing up around me.

Sometimes I wonder if people think that I'm growing up?

Nearly 76.2% of my friends are married.

Out of those 76.2% - I'd say 45.333333333% are with child, having a child or thinking about children.

How do you judge growing up? Is it an age? Is it owning a house? Is it having a steady job? Is it having a significant relationship with another human being? Is it finally obtaining the house with the white picket fence and 2.5 children? Is it owning your own business? Is it traveling the world?

Whoa - this is way more serious than I want it to be.

I originally set out to write this post about my best friend and her new baby - Anna, growing up. She's two months now. Since Lauren lives in Alberta, Canada - I get to watch Anna grow up via Skype & pictures. Thank God for Skype. But, I was blessed with her getting to come home 2 weeks ago and I made the 5 hour trip to go see my best friend's baby. And of course see Lauren, Brandon, Amy & Tom - but Anna was the main event.

I think there were multiple times that I had flashbacks of meeting Lauren for the first time at Purdue. Or having flashbacks of us complaining about class, going to get Den Pops, complaining about boys, drinking (kool-aid of course), or watching re-runs of Sex & The City on that infamous purple futon. Regardless, when I step back and look how Lauren has grown into an incredible wife and now mom - I tear up. I'm so proud of her.

Okay, enough sappiness.

I designed Anna's birth announcements and tried my hand at snapping some family photos with my trusty Nikon D5000. It's even crazy to me to see how much she's grown up in those 2 short months! I can't imagine how Lauren feels!

Take a peek!




It's easy to photograph people when they are so darn cute.

TGIF, Friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment