The Turquoise Penguin

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Baking: Pretzelini's

Most of you know that I really enjoy baking even though I don't get to do it as much as I would like. But, I have two stipulations when baking; the end result has to be: 1. Tasty/delicious/give me some more, good 2. Cute/Creative/So pretty that you don't want to eat it. Well, number one being the most important.

Next up: Pretzelinis. For a lack of a better word.

Easy. Easy. Easy. Honestly, I don't really even have to put too many directions because they are pretty self explanatory. Lay out the waffle pretzels on a cookie sheet. Top with any type of candy you wish. I chose: Hershey Hugs, Hershey Dark Chocolate Mint Truffle Kisses and Rolos. Pre-heat your oven to 350. Pop the cookie sheet with candy-topped pretzels in the oven for no more than 2 minutes. ((I judged by the shiney-ness of the candy, when it looked like it was pretty shiney...take them out of the oven!)) Next, while the candy was soft and melting, I topped this Kisses with a holiday M&M. OR topped the Rolos with a pecan (they taste like Turtles!) Then - let cool down. Boom. Told ya it was easy.

Topping the pretzels with Dark Chocolate Mint Truffle Kisses. Say that five times fast.
 Ready to be put in the oven!

 Rolo's topped with Pecans.
My favorite were the Hug Kisses topped with M&M's. I think it's because they have stripes. Anything that somewhat resembles a zebra - I love. They almost look like you could lay your head down on a little Pretzel Pillow.

Now it's time to find my next recipe because today Meredith got me a super cute peacock apron from World Market for my birthday! 

Merry Christmas, friends. 

Again, I'm hoping I made santa's "nice" list:: because that Nikon5000 would sure take a lot better pictures than my cell phone. *wink,*wink.


No comments:

Post a Comment