My most recent trip was to Savannah, GA to run in the Rock n Roll half marathon. And, to say that I adore Savannah is a complete understatement! All the history, cute shops, fun bars, adorable houses, coffee shops, art/artists, river street, friendly people, spanish moss trees (my personal favorite), gorgeous weather, beautiful parks and constantly having something to see/do - I honestly did not want to leave!
To actually write about my entire weekend, that would be impossible. So, I'm just going to leave you with a few things I've learned from this weekend::
1. There is actually marshmallow and gummy bear flavored vodka. And...it's amazing.
2. Road trips are better with friends.
3. You can never (ever) take too many instagrams. I got three new people to join this weekend. My addiction is now theirs.
4. I'll always cry at the national anthem and finish line. What a rush - I'll be an athlete for life.
5. Half marathons might become one of my new hobbies. WTF? Did I just say that?
6. 'Call-a-cab' is one of the strongest frozen drinks at Wet Willies. The names are usually a good indications.
7. Don't wear a half zip that does not have fabric between your chest and the Zipper. Running long distances with metal rubbing on skin only ends badly.
8. Savannah Georgia is my new favorite place. Sorry Austin.
9. It's possible to go into 20 different restaurants in a three day span. Restaurants are bars...and just because your order drinks you probably better order appetizers.
10. Dank tank - try it.
11. I love pajamas with the saying, 'lion around.' OR 'I like your belt.' I'd like to actually own either. My search continues...
12. Did I mention that I actually enjoy running? And with 27,000 other people running - its hard not to get into the hype!
13. I will never do a full marathon.
14. I'm jealous of the students that get to go to SCAD.
15. You can never drink enough water.
16. When in doubt, Chick Fil A.
17. Pack more comfy clothes.
18. People love green scarfs!
19. Pizza places are good places for confrontations, err, I mean bad. Sort of.
20. I cannot afford Ruth Chris.
So, not to disappoint - here are the new instagrams from the weekend!
I'm obsessed with ketchup - so, naturally, I love not having to cut my thumbs just to get enough for one fry! Thank you Chick Fil A!
This spanish moss on the trees had me baffled - I felt like I had entered the movie "Forest Gump" and totally didn't want to leave!
We didn't actually go to the 'Lady & Sons' - the line was long and we heard that were some better local spots.
This was the cutest little lunch spot called, 'Cafe Coco' - it was so eclectic!
Another picture of, 'Cafe Coco!'
The morning of the race! It was dark and freezing when we were walking at 7 a.m. waiting for the race to start - but it didn't take long for our adrenaline to get going!
This is what 27,000 people look like before the race! A never-ending street of people!
The medal! My first ever half marathon I ran it in 2 hours and 53 minutes. This (my second half marathon) I ran it in 2 hours and 34 minutes. Almost exactly a year after I ran the first!
Me sipping wine at "Rocks on the Roof!'
Green scarf stealer!! :)
The most gorgeous view from Rocks on the Roof!
The drive back to Tennessee from Savannah - as much as I missed Savannah - I'm thankful to live in such a pretty state!