The Turquoise Penguin

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Nashville Flood. May 2, 2010.

As I sit and try to come up with the right words to even describe the flood that just recently swallowed Nashville, the only word that comes to mind is: devastating. People lost homes, treasured belongings & memories, cars, jobs, pets, and even family and friends.

I was fortunate enough only to have to evacuate my apartment with the 'possibility' that the water may continue to rise and enter my home. So, yesterday, along with hundreds of my neighbors, we moved all of our belongings to high grounds and waited. We watched as our parking lot turn into a swimming pool of cars. I am one of the lucky ones.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those not so fortunate. So, I'm going to make the most of this blog and tell people to volunteer and for those that aren't close, please donate.

An easy way to donate is to text 'REDCROSS' 90999.

For other ways to donate or volunteer for Nashville: http://nashvillest.com/2010/05/03/so-nashville-is-flooded-how-can-i-help/

Take a moment to watch the video and take a glimpse in just a little of the damage that the flood water has caused.

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment